Rss Feed
  1. Still a Tourist

    Saturday, September 8, 2012

    Has it really been almost 2 weeks since I've been here? Time flies. 

    Since I last posted, I've done some really touristy things, eaten some great food, and taken a lot of public transit.

    Last weekend, Team NorCal visited the Full House residence! It was honestly kind of a letdown. We'd built up so much anticipation, and when we got there, we weren't even sure it was the right house. Aside from that, it was still cool to hang around the front door and take pictures!



    We also checked out the Golden Gate Bridge, which is HUGE! We snaked up a mountain path in Sausalito to get to one of the best views in the city. It was so windy up there. It's pretty insane how much the weather changes in and around San Francisco. The area we live in is always a good 20 degrees colder than the downtown area (which is not fun for me, Ms. Hotlanta).


    Now let's move on to the food!

    I ate the biggest burrito I've ever seen from El Castillito in the Mission. We were advised to get the "wet burrito," and it did not disappoint. I made it half way through and saved the rest for dinner. Check out that avocado/guacamole! Yes, please.

    Team NorCal also checked out Crepevine, a restaurant near our house that specializes in crepes. YUM. When you walk in, your eyes are instantly entertained by all the colorful chalkboards that list several tasty items. I got a dinner crepe this time, but I'm definitely going to have to go back to get a dessert crepe.


    One of my favorite treats of the week was getting to hang out with this guy! It's always nice to see a friendly face =)
    Muni and I are working through our issues and are slowly reconciling. Time will tell if our relationship blossoms. One thing I really do appreciate is the late night buses - they are a true blessing.

    In CMF news, we are about to wrap up our first school this Tuesday when we collect all of the equipment that we passed out at Berkeley earlier this week. So far, so good. I've spoken to a lot of students, and they're all really grateful for the help I'm offering, which is nice. Everyone likes to be appreciated! I'm looking forward to our first batch of films...

    I'm still working on integrating myself into the culture that is San Francisco. My next task: find a leather jacket.

    À bientôt!

  2. 0 comments:

    Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Followers