Rss Feed
  1. Back to the Start

    Saturday, November 17, 2012

    Last night we finished up at our last school of the fall tour. I don't think the reality has really hit me yet. I'm sure once we get on the road, tour will feel like ages away. CMF touring kind of does that to you; every week feels like its own separate month. Speaking of which, can somebody tell me how it's possible that we're already living in late November? Thanksgiving has completely crept up on me.

    Before I jump into this post, I have to give a shout out to my boy, Max Meinhardt, who made some pretty baller album artwork for Team NorCal. Nate and Nishant starred in a rap video for San Diego State University's finale intro. Max broke out his photo editing skills and came up with this masterpiece to visually describe our work of art:
    Thanks, Max - youdabest.

    Our plan is to start our drive back to Atlanta today, which will take about 34 hours driving time in total. I'm not looking forward to fighting the time changes. We also only have 3 drivers to get 2 vehicles (van and box truck) back home, so that's going to be a real challenge. Please keep me and my team in your prayers and thoughts =)

    Given that tour is wrapping up, I thought I'd give some closing thoughts about what this experience has been like. Firstly, it's been a lot of fun. I know that sounds generic, but I mean it. Tour life has given me lots of opportunities to laugh and have a good time. Making movies, eating great food, checking out wineries and breweries, hanging out on the beach, going to awesome festivals, listening to incredible musicians... I've enjoyed all of these things.

    I have to give some credit to my team members who've stuck it out with me the whole way. Nishant has so much passion and energy, and it's a blast to watch him get excited and connect with students and people in general. One of the things I've really noticed with Nishant in particular is how extremely different our temperaments are; he's an extrovert to the extreme and I'm an introvert to the nth degree, but somehow we've managed to get along =) Nate has been my boss and my best friend. I admire his management and interpersonal skills as well as his goofy personality. Nate has made some of the more cringe-worthy moments of tour much more bearable thanks to his careful planning and control. Even though I've been upset/annoyed/etc. with these guys at multiple points over the past few months, I still love 'em, and I couldn't ask for a better team.

    I also can't get past this point without mentioning Ish, our amazing promotions assistant. He might be the strangest guy I've ever met, but I love him to death as well. The students have really enjoyed working with him, and I've enjoyed getting to know him just as much.


    This job is completely unique and such a cool thing to be a part of. Watching students work so hard and create so many great movies at each school has been really inspiring. I think some of the most meaningful moments on tour have been when students personally tell me thank you. Going to finales and having students stop me just to tell me they've appreciated my help feels really good.

    Something I'm really carrying away from this tour is just how imperfect I am; I don't mean to say that in a self-deprecating way at all. I've learned a lot about my limits and how much I can actually get done, which turns out is more than I expected! I've worked so hard, and I'm proud of what I've been able to accomplish along with my team so far. In light of all of this, I've been really humbled by my humanity; I realize that I can't possibly be perfect, but I can do my best and make great things happen. Working and living on tour can get really depressing if you don't stay realistic and maintain a good attitude.

    All that being said, I'm going to stop the introspective overload and start getting ready for road trip part two. Wish me luck!

  2. 0 comments:

    Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Followers